Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snow Days


Let us walk in the white snow
In a soundless space;
With footsteps quit and slow,
At a tranquil pace.
Under veils of white lace.
...
We shall walk in velvet shoes;
Wherever we go
Silence will fall like dews
On white silence below.
We shall walk in the snow.

Elinor Wylie
 
 Patty Peck posted this on FB. I really loved it so passed it on here. I sit here watching the snow drift down past my living room window and live in wonderland.  I really should be doing my taxes or even..sigh working horses at the barn. Snow Days are something that need to be enjoyed, embraced, we only have a few. I only take a few days off a year, but I really do enjoy "my snow day". So I sit here and wonder...what are you planning on your "snow day"  life in the fast lane or a slow  lazy crawl down a snowy slope in your mind? Enjoy your day, take it when you can and remember life is very short and you must try to live each day like it is your last..make memories that you can carry with you when you can no longer make them...your mind is a window to your life.

5 comments:

  1. It is gorgeous out there! So nice to be warm & dry inside, at least till I go back out to do chores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok just looking at me riding the gray....check out the tan, check out the sun glasses...check out the sleek coat on Sig....hmmmm are we talking summer? warmer weather? sunny skys? sleek coats on the horses? ARE WE READY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried to post the blog link... You may have to type in.
    http://granitefallsthoroughbreds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sn*w days surely are pretty...but not exactly restful, what with keeping all the critters warm and fed (and watered!). Looks like our kids have no school today, so I've got "volunteers" to shovel the driveway!

    Oh, hey: my WordVerification is fillyarb!

    ReplyDelete