Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dog Racing

I have been watching and following the Yukon Quest on line for the last couple of days. I think it would be so cool to catch a ride on a dog shed! If you are interested in dog racing, the Quest is still being run. The first place sheders are in, but there are still more mushers out there in the -40 degree weather, enduring it with their dogs. They have the same passion about racing as I do about endurance riding my horses. I know that we have a disease, one that cant be cured. The ride and show season starts next month, so hold on to your hats my friends...we are in for a wild ride.

2 comments:

  1. There's a local couple who do dog racing, I've seen them out on the Centennial Trail! Rhonda said that she saw them one late evening with the dogs pulling a loaded wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always dreamed of seeing the Iditerod in real life. There's a great book about a guy mushing it for the first time, and he talks about all the great hallucinations that the other mushers have...but he only saw an accountant sitting on his sled, reading aloud from tax return documents! Sounds like really crazy DIMR to me.

    ReplyDelete