Monday, February 28, 2011

Ride Season

With faith you can move mountains.......with doubt you can create them.
  It's almost that time again. I am starting to get the Itch. You know the one that you can't quite reach? The need to ride, the burning desire to reach for the impossible dream. Miles and Miles and more Miles. It's a sickness that over takes my  mind and body. I start planning, looking at the ride website, checking the calender and looking at the bank account. Where to ride, what distance to reach for, how fast do I think I want to ride it. Then I start to wonder, can I still do it, will my horse hold together. My knees are shot, can I still push through the pain? Are the upper distance something I should give up? How will I feel if I cant do the distance any more. Will I still want to try?
   Then I remember that whatever I plan, I can do it. I am the one that decides how I will play the game this summer. I am the one that will be putting on the miles, I just have to believe in my horse and myself. I have to believe in myself, my ability, my strengths. I repeat, believe my myself. That is the key to doing the distance and getting through the pain. Myself, a strong word that backs me up whenever I have doubt.  MYSELF

2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud + clear. Have been gazing longingly at the calendar for MONTHS, counting on my fingers, and trying to figure out if the mare really *is* fit for a 50, given the last week of doing NOTHING.

    ARghhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any of our horses are really "fit" yet... Remember? It takes that first 50? If we use common sense we'll do it! As to my holding up to the task? Lets hope that last loop goes quickly! :-)

    ReplyDelete