Sunday, September 11, 2011

911

  I cant go forward today without remembering the past.   911.1  This is a day my mother called me and asked if I had the t.v on. No, mom what's up….she said turn it on, the world has just came to the end. What. What??? Really…what's going on? I turned on the tube and learned that life was we know it would no happen again. I watched in wonder, in disbelief, in horror  as the towers fell. Death, and more death, captured by the   cameras, they captured it all. How did this happen? WHY?

   Should I go to work or stayed tuned to the t.v? I called my husband….he didn’t  know…can he come early I asked…I'm afraid. No, sorry business as usual, people had died and companies were the last to know, soon after yes….he can come home. I went to the barn, turned out my horses and wondered…what if it had HIT here”: Here, would I run for the hills, stay at home and wait for the best or take up a gun and pray for a sure shot. What if we this were ever to happen on our home front….the enemy rushing in what would you do? I believe I would fill my  horse trailer with food…take my best two endurance horses….turn the rest loose and head for the hills. I know I can get “lost” in the woods and trees… I know I can survive what mother nature throws at me….can you? I cant dodge a bullet but I can shot them, I cant fly a chopper but I know I can shoot one. I know, what I can eat from the ground that mother nature provides, I know I will build a shelter for me and my horses….I know I can survive…can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment